Wednesday 8 July 2020

Duff 03-04 (a)

This is another repaint I actually finished a couple of years back (I did this and the Veron one in the same kit at the same time), but am finally getting round to uploading now!

I think this has to be one of my favourite Chelsea kits of all time. Stylistically I really love the stripes down the middle fading into the sponsor, but I think more than that, when you see an old kit again it evokes the memories and feelings of that time as a supporter. 2003 was when Roman Abramovich first took over as owner of Chelsea and the excitement around the club at that time was huge. I remember going to the old Harlington training ground to watch training and collecting the autographs of players like Duff, Veron and Crespo each week was really enjoyable. Unfortunately, not long into the season the training ground was closed to supporters which was probably due to the rumours of the likes of Beckham, Rivaldo, Nesta, Henry etc... joining.


No comments:

Post a Comment