Monday 25 April 2016

Ian Wright Crystal Palace 89-90

Not a Chelsea repaint this time! I painted this Ian Wright figure as he was one of a number of England figures I had from the Euro 1996 collection.

Following on from Crystal Palace making the FA Cup final yesterday it seems an appropriate time to share this figure of Ian Wright in the 1989-90 home kit. This was the kit worn in their last final, which also happens to be against Manchester United.



Ian Wright had a great final in 1990, coming off the bench to score twice - initially to make it 2-2, and then 3-2 shortly after the game had gone to extra time. Unfortunately for Palace, Mark Hughes scored to level things up and force a replay which United won 1-0.

This was one of the first repaints I did and that is quite evident! I did not quite get the colours of the kit right, although the transfers came out nicely considering I haven't done many striped kits before.

Nevertheless, I managed to sell it on Ebay to a Palace fan which I was very pleased with.


No comments:

Post a Comment